March 14 - Happy Pi Day
HAPPY PI DAY
Not sure about where you are, but here in Nambucca Heads we elected to celebrate Pi Day by spending time enjoying the beach and the great outdoors. Susan, the woman who should live to be 180 because she's been asleep about half the time she's been alive, actually woke up to see the sun come up over the trees in the national forest to our SE, as the photo reveals.
![]() |
| "It's another Nambucca sunrise ...." |
While Keith swam, I walked through town to the riverwalk, along it, to the estuary and V Wall, then across the hill to Shelly Beach, and along it back home. It was a good 1 1/2 hr. walk, and I was ready for breakfast. The girls went off the Shelly, and Keith and I returned to Main Beach to surf. The waves were bigger than yesterday, and the sets closer together, so it was a fun time. I got worn out in 15-20 minutes from struggling back through the breaking waves to where we caught the big boys, so between the surfing and the walking, I had had a full morning. Reading and napping were the order of the afternoon.
Last night we went to Lom Talay Thai Restaurant for dinner. It was opened by a young couple about 5 yrs. ago; she's Thai, so they know what they're doing. The food is deliciously authentic, the service quick and attentive (some cute high school girls dressed in colorful Thai, or at least Thai-ish, dresses), and the prices quite reasonable. Back in time to have some coffee and watch a couple of Aussie comedy shows, one a game show and one a satirical look at the news. (Our illustrious president, of course, afforded them plenty of material to supplement that of their country.) Early to bed ... but I guess that's a theme of these full days.

Comments
Post a Comment