March 24 - Surf Patrol Competition at Apollo Bay


SURF PATROL COMPETITION AT APOLLO BAY


We awakened, as predicted, to heavy rain and dark skies. The forecast was for this type weather all day today and tomorrow. We lounged around, did laundry, sipped tea and coffee (I’ve become quite the barista with the Expressi machine). Suddenly the rain stopped, and the clouds began to break. Keith was feeling a bit crook with a head cold coming on, so the girls and I went to Apollo Bay for some souvenir shopping. There’s a surf competition scheduled for Apollo Bay this weekend. We watched a little and took a few pictures. At Di and Susan’s suggestion I bought a scallop meat pie at the bakery for lunch, along with a lemon meringue tart and a saucer size ANZAC biscuit for us to share. We had lunch on the balcony, made even more enjoyable by the sailboat race getting underway across the bay and a dozen surfers riding some nice swells just down the hill from us. The good life!

Victoria Surf Patrol competition at Apollo Bay
Sailboats in Apollo Bay




















This afternoon we began getting packed to break camp here tomorrow for Manly Beach. Keith stayed in quarantine taking meds while the girls and I spent some time at the beach watching the surfers, who had a nice swell all day long. Late this afternoon Di and I rode over to Apollo Bay and up a mountain to Marriners Lookout. The view of the town, the surrounding area, and the sea were panoramic. 
View of Apollo Bay from Marriners Lookout

We returned and had dinner on the deck overlooking the Southern Ocean for the last time on this trip. Keith and I finished the night up watching the Hawthorn Hawks give the Collingwood Magpies a hiding in Rules.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 18 - First Full Day in Melbourne

March 14 - Happy Pi Day

March 25 - Planes and Boats and Trains ... and Rental Cars